Sunday, January 27, 2013

Allons-y!

It's tomorrow. Or today, depending on how technical you want to be. I can't believe I'm going back to Africa as a hiatus from my classes in Furman Hall, my workouts in the PAC, and my time in the DH...it's incredibly surreal. As cliche as it is, this trip is sure to be life-changing.

It has been so great to spend time with many of my marvelous Furman friends this week and weekend. I am so grateful for my college friendships. It was certainly nice to have fake "Valentine's" dinner on Saturday as well, on my 21-monthaversary with my sweet boyfriend. After presenting the Pecha Kucha on psychological attachment styles, submitting the paper on Raisin in the Sun as Aristotelian tragedy, taking the photography test that got moved up 2.5 hours due to imminent sleet and hail, completing the paper on the Gates Foundation, and perusing Linda Richter's article on AIDS orphan tourism, I'm very much ready to stare at some in-flight movies and maybe even do some Sudoku.


I wish I could say that I've finished packing, but I'm not quite there yet...40 pounds for 9 weeks--bring it on!


Feeling so excited. And scared. And happy. And blessed. And a little crazy.


Off to the bottom of Africa, 7 hours ahead of my east-coast USA friends. See you in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment