Monday, June 20, 2011

The Queen, Hebrewsers, Just Dance and Leopard Forest

Life is busy and interesting and lame and relaxing and stressful and blissful all at once right now. Somewhere along the way, I've gotten pretty busy doing "nothing big" with my summer! And in case you were wondering, it is possible to bake chocolate chip cookies with no butter...they're just very crispy.

First Off, My Car: For the past monthish, "the queen" has been struggling. I guess that's what happens when you have a nice-ish car that is almost as old as you (I believe she's 18?). The darn security light frequently comes on because it thinks someone is stealing the car (I promise, its just me, the one who's supposed to be running this show). Trying to use the actual key to get to work on time is a semi-frequent struggle. God must be trying to teach me patience? Plus, I'm learning what it feels like to get heatstroke... Oh well, it was a free car and faster than walking everywhere.

Hebrewsers: I am SO incredibly pumped about the bible study group that we started last week. I wasn't sure how or if it would work, but a week-and-a-half in, I am completely obsessed with the girls, the text, and the times we've already shared...not to mention the all-too-awesome ruler of the freaking universe. Yes, please. Oil of joy (Hebrews 1:9): so great. I can't wait to continue to share this chapter and this time of growth with some of the coolest people I know: Rose and Taylor that I live with, Emmi and Emily that I lived with last year, Alyssa my future co-rush counselor, and Lee and Anna, who I have been blessed to get to know much better lately after meeting them in my CO bible study last semester.

Just Dance (It'll Be Okay): Nope, I'm not actually going to discuss the Lady Gaga song at the moment but I couldn't resist that opening. My summer roommate Taylor retrieved her Wii from home last week. Naturally, we've spent hours playing "Just Dance" since then. I wonder if we're getting any more coordinated? I know I could sure use some help. Taylor and I are ideal partners for the epic Bollywood song, and Jay and Erica are hilariously great at all the quick songs...Rose is just obsessed with "Rasputin." I may have no legitimate dancing skills, but it's all okay, because "Rockefeller Skank" is my jam. A few of us actually collided during a close contest the other day, resulting in a blood-and-swelling combo for Erica and I. Surprisingly, we survived and we won't be done playing anytime soon. This game is too much fun.

Leopard Forest: I like talking about this place. I enjoy the food, the aura, the memories I've had there both attempting and not attempting to study....Catching up with Stephen last Friday was great. I've been blogging (seriously, I know it's cliche--but then again, I do love a good cliche). Can't decide if I'm quite at the point of bringing my own mug? That would be such a Laura move, and I don't think I'm quite cool enough yet, haha. They seriously have the best grilled cheese ever. Sweet Emmi treated me to some today; I completely loved rambling with her for two hours before we finally started our reading...The first time I ever saw the ex, so not expecting it. And there's always the quality memory of spilling free coffee everywhere with Rose...yes, its my home away from home. As my sweet freshman (they'll always be my freshmen...even after they graduate, who are we kidding) Shannon said, "Have fun fighting the leopards!"

Much more to come...but alas, the computer is dying. I think its a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment