Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hello Sunshine: Summer Travels

Traveling for Shopping and Celebrations:
Recently, I finally made it to the J. Crew warehouse distribution center in Arden, NC, after wanting to go since my freshman year. Wow, it was scary and awesome. I woke up at 5:43 am for that shindig. I caught up with my dear high school friend Lizzy on the phone during the drive up (naturally, we could only  chat at 6:15 am on a Saturday) while caravaning with Emmi, Kara and Alyssa and company. Anyways, I went into freakout bargain-hunter mode and bought nine bathing suit pieces (including a one-piece--finally got one!-- and a present for my mom). They were $3 each and I still have no shame about the binge. It was only until later that I realized that I no longer live in Hawaii or Florida nor have a legitimate need for an endless supply of bathing suits. I also purchased three really pretty shirts, three pairs of pants and a gorgeous belt. It was insane, but I'm so glad I did it. ("Way to break the no-spending pact, self.") For the rest of the day, Biz, her boyfriend Jeremy and I gallivanted around downtown Asheville, sunbathed, went to the motorcycle helmet shop, and went to an Asheville Tourists game. Yes, I voluntarily went to a baseball game. I did indeed get yelled at for people-watching too much instead of paying attention to the game. It was an exhausting and great day.

Last weekend's trip to Atlanta/my friend David's house (side note: is anyone actually from Atlanta?) was hilarious. 25 people came to celebrate Albert's 21st birthday. I caught fireflies, took photos, attempted to sleep in a hammock, got bitten by a lot of mosquitoes, chatted it up with my sweet former freshmen from my time on hall staff (they will always be freshies: let's be real) and laughed a lot. I don't drink, but I always appreciate the funny stories from being around others people who do.

I'll be arriving in DC at 3:30 pm today and I have no doubt that this trip will be awesome. I'll get to see Lily, my crazy-wonderful-beautiful Tridelta big, Shannon, my "mother" and my gorgeous redhead nonprofit-y Valentine's Day Syndrome-having (VDS) partner-in-crime, Arley, my feisty Sociology class buddy who is becoming a really close friend, Adair, my adorable and sweet Anna Maria Island-loving friend. Not to mention that I'll get to be in my favorite US city for several days and that we will get to sit in front of the teleprompter at the Capitol Fourth concert on the mall. I'm so ready for this.

See you in DC! Amuricah.

No comments:

Post a Comment