Sunday, June 21, 2020

Month Three of ~Quarantine: May 14-June 13, 2020

Actions, Learnings and Observations



Maybe you, too?

  1. We mourned our mid-May wedding trip and Memorial Day Colorado trips-not-to-be
  2. There were threeish freeze watches after I finally put my cold weather clothes away—poor plants
  3. I tried to finally buy a pretty mask
  4. The dang Backstreet Boys pushed back their concert a whole year
  5. I developed a phobia of drinking water before walks then not being near a restroom
  6. Will got the best haircut of his life
  7. I went on a real hike
  8. We got Thai takeout and ate in the park again (finally!!!)
  9. I had my first two major (distant) plans with humans almost canceled due to rain
  10. We made delicious pickles and then started picking beets, onions and everything else 
  11. I got to pet two puppies that came into my midst
  12. Will audited his book stash 
  13. We stopped doing free workouts online (just picking miscellaneous exercises instead)
  14. I survived getting a rental car
  15. We spontaneously grabbed good New York-style pizza 
  16. Will asked a beloved author if he needed someone to edit a book for him then he wrote a whole chapter!
  17. I made chocolate strawberries for a birthday celebration
  18. That far-off "end of quarantine" day set in April finally came and yet COVID-19 still didn't feel distant
  19. We thought about maybe traveling again
  20. I faced some definite seasonal allergies, part two
  21. We finally got some good hugs
  22. We found and started eating the world’s most epic watermelon (the rest is frozen for many slushes to come)
  23. We had a virtual game night with Will’s sister and husband and for once, Will did not win every round
  24. I finished audiobooks: “We Should All Be Feminists” and “A Year of Less”
  25. We decided we could start depleting the mini-freezer and pantry stockpiles
  26. The late July bachelor party was canceled
  27. I decided to keep growing out then donate 8 inches of my hair
  28. We failed at multiple attempted Goodwill drop-offs
  29. Yoga went down on the priority list but higher on the wish list 

Probably just us:

  1. I gave up on the Hawaii trip then two weeks later we started booking (cancellable) ground arrangements for the Hawaii trip
  2. Will biked the whole Mount Vernon Trail
  3. I ripped a hole in my Walmart Miley Cyrus jean shirt from 2009...and several old pairs of socks and shorts 
  4. We had a distant picnic complete with key lime donuts
  5. I had two rounds of exercise GPS tracker drama and bike rental drama
  6. Will encouraged his dad to become a voter registration leader and recycling advocate
  7. We learned how bad we are at guessing south Arlington home values
  8. I enjoyed a honey lavender latte and ancho chili cafe con leche to go from an actual coffee shop (remember those?!)
  9. We enjoyed homemade lentil curry, strawberry basil margarita, baba ghanoush, Will’s first ratatouille, and many more vegan pancakes
  10. I researched, read and wrote about cancer survivorship for hours and then jumped to prostate cancer for more hours—work project
  11. Will and his dad washed the truck 
  12. I jogged to pick up tequila, bringing a new meaning to tequila run
  13. We savored SC biscuits and finally found good peaches and tomatoes
  14. I tried eggs for the first time since January
  15. My keys fell off their designated carabiner perfectly in between two grapefruit causing a 15 minute panic
  16. I jogged past the historic White House protests and glimpsed the brand new Black Lives Matter street “art”
  17. Will read the Frederick Douglass biography
  18. My brother let a surprise slip a year in advance
  19. Will read up on the love languages and the enneagram
  20. We toured three apartments and made miniature models of them and all our furniture 
  21. I realized that 2020 will not be chill but THE year of family celebrations 
  22. Will dried his own Serrano chilis 
  23. We listened to the masterpiece that is the entire compilation of Sarah Mae mix CDs since January 2015
  24. I wrote a haiku for work
  25. My hardcore electric toothbrush got possessed and was banished to the truck bed
  26. I finally made it to 2019 in my photo library audit
  27. We enlisted Will’s grandparents to help throw a surprise birthday for his dad
  28. Based on a bonfire, we now really understand “like a moth to a flame”

No comments:

Post a Comment