Sunday, April 26, 2020

Month One of ~Quarantine: March 14-April 13, 2020

Actions, Learnings and Observations


Maybe you, too?

  1. Dog-watching is the new people-watching. 
  2. It is possible to have a longer line to get into Trader Joe’s than to get out of it.
  3. Grown-up bike accidents are not fun. 
  4. Gingerbread, pie, DIY frosties, banana bread, pancakes, barbecue and pizza are delicious.
  5. Virtual birthdays, happy hours, Bible studies, family dinners, game nights, dance parties and trivia sessions are a thing.
  6. Sitting on the couch all day is not as fun and comfortable as it sounds.
  7. Impostor syndrome and hypochondriac tendencies are still real for me.
  8. Facemask Fridays don’t sound as cute as they used to with this whole new mask epidemic.
  9. Babies on conference calls need to stay.
  10. I've been living by the motto "Do as much as you can for as long as you can."
  11. I’m good not running much, but I absolutely have to move my legs every day to feel sane.
  12. The upstairs neighbor has a heavier heel strike than I do.
  13. Audiobooks are great walking and running accompaniment.
  14. I feel incredibly violated when people enter my personal space at the grocery store.
  15. A happy group text: get one.
  16. I get nervous when ambulances pass.
  17. Puzzles are still cool.
  18. Baked beans are my new impulse buy.
  19. I miss the gym.
  20. Raspberry jam is actually that easy to make and it is worth spooning straight into my mouth.
  21. “The public is being urged to avoid public transportation.”
  22. Gloves are the new all-weather accessory.
  23. Enchilada-making on a teleconference: the new maximizing.
  24. I finally joined (multiple) Instagram lives.
  25. Exercising (in some form) every day is the way to go.
  26. Apparently it’s not easy to donate blood during an urgent call for blood. We tried.
  27. Taxes still suck, even when they get extended.
  28. Pitching is an adventure.
  29. Vacuuming often is totally necessary.
  30. I’m working to learn how to chew slowly since there’s no longer any rush.
  31. I really miss chips and salsa bowls at restaurants. NO idea when that will be back.
  32. So many misspelled COVID-related trending hashtags...
  33. Apparently the 2020 Olympics can get moved to a different year.
  34. Toilet paper is a prize to be treasured.
  35. Even in the "apocalypse", people love T-rexes.
  36. Got sick of the words "pivot", "cancelled", "virtual" and "teleconference".
  37. Our president is ridiculous.
  38. A printer plus a board game box makes a great standing desk.
  39. Microwave s’mores are worth it.
  40. I'm not sure if jaywalking is a thing any more.


Probably just us:

  1. Will’s to-do list is way cooler (and shorter) than mine.
  2. I like Will both with and without facial hair.
  3. Biz is the best boyfriend-interrogator. (Now taking requests for her lists of questions.)
  4. Will and I actually like each other, even when the world is sometimes crazy, monotonous, scary and sweet and we have lots of extra time together.
  5. Will likes my couch better than his couch.
  6. Will can fold laundry better than Marie Kondo.
  7. Will doesn’t feel smart enough to go to MIT (online courses with differential equations give him a headache).
  8. Will does not love "Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me.” I still do.
  9. We found and relished in the deliciousness of vegan gingerbread loaf and pancakes.
  10. I kept training through the first race cancellation and organized a socially-distant backup race, then I totally forgot to react when the weekend of the second race-to-be passed without a race.
  11. I put my headphones through the washing machine in my pocket and then thought about it, went back to work, then accidentally didn't fish them out before the dryer cycle.
  12. We ate pie for a whole week.
  13. Soy milk curdles in the microwave...it's unpleasant.
  14. My pink temporary hair dye intended for platinum hair still doesn't work on my non-platinum blond hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment