Friday, July 8, 2011

The Struggle to Be Still and Know

Psalms 46:10: "Be still and know that I am God"...I've been called out on it again. I feel like time is going a little too fast. Where has the summer gone??!

I'm still figuring out and currently overthinking my relationships with family, friends, bosses, boyfriend, and the accountability group. I'm having trouble resting and I simultaneously keep running out of time to do everything I'd ideally like to do: imagine that!? I've also been needing to re-prioritize my essential actions, even making time for running, time in the Bible and seeing people that I care about.

How do I come to terms with my Type-A wiring? How do I use my weeks, days and moments well? How do I make some progress on my (awesome) bucket list while also diligently cleaning my room, calling the people that I should (this isn't helped by my irrational semi-hatred of talking on the phone), and still make time to rest and marinate in God's presence.

Help me out here please, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment