Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just Sitting Out Here, Watching Airplanes

First book of the summer: Soooo I read it off and on for a month, returned it on the absolute last day I could (Tuesday at 10 pm, yeah book drop), read it very sporadically while sitting in the car (not driving, I promise) and at the pool and on the elliptical and finished it while racewalking up and down the hallways in the PAC. And which book was it, you ask? Sophie Kinsella's new "Mini Shopaholic". Don't judge, crazy British woman addicted to shopping trying to raise a child? So great.

Half-marathon: On July 10th I am doing my second-ever half-marathon, the longest race I've run since senior year of high school. Though Claire is joining me to race, I don't have a training buddy, weird compared to the cute little group we had last time. Why am I running 13.1 miles in the dead of the summer in Columbia, South Carolina?? Yeah its a little crazy because it will for sure be a million degrees out, but I can never do these races during the year because of cross country and track and I think it will be legit. Not to mention I will finally be meeting the boyfriend's family--first impression time anyone? ;)

Ginger cousins: Gingers are great...I so wish I had red hair, or had the possibility of having little redhead children somewhere down the road. But, until then, I'll settle for having a precious ginger cousin (who lives in Greenville!), some fun ginger twins as friends, a big who's a ginger-in-hiding, the adorable little baby Morgan I watch, and Arley the strawberry child. Love them all, hence the conclusion that gingers are great. I did actually think that before I met them, but they just help prove the point. But anyways, the cousin kept me up until 3:30ish am last night doing various assorted fun things (music swap, clothes analysis, CMT award watching...eating delicious tortilla chips and discovering my new favorite candy, York peppermint patty pieces=YES. And then we got up at 8 am...apparently this crazy 15-year-old-almost-little-sister does this all the time, so hard core. Well, I'm exhausted (napped AND drank a massive Starbucks to make up for it, sadly depleting my giftcard to $1.26--birthday present anyone? haha) because of it, but I still love her =) Pick yourself up a ginger cousin today!

Such quality blog/rambling time today...I should fly to DC all the time! That would get expensive...
Peace out, girl scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment