Friday, June 24, 2011

Blue Crush, The Big Bang Theory and Emperor's New Groove

This week was tough. People can be very dramatic, that's for sure. And you find out a lot about people when you live in close quarters: the good, the bad, the ugly...and of course, the hilarious and awesome. At least during some of the stress of this week I got out of the house and went to a cool dinner at church, participated in a prayer walk, and watched Blue Crush with Lee and Alyssa. It made me really excited for my family's upcoming return to Hawaii for the first time since I lived there in middle school.

I've unsurprisingly done lots of babysitting and spent some great time with Jay. I now wholeheartedly claim my role as the knower of the hidden blackberry patches. Big Bang Theory Mondays with JP are going into effect: now, if only his Season 3 DVDs hadn't gotten lost en route. I've had many awkward almost run-ins with the boyfriend's ex. It's hard to run into someone that many times on accident, but of course, I win (haha). I re-watched Emperor's New Groove, one of the great movies of our generation: feel free to argue against my claim but I may start quoting to prove my point: you've been warned.

In closing, you need to know how much I love our silly summer cats, Mishka (the semi-fluffy white Persian) and Bekko (orange-and-white a la the Friskies ads). I've somehow turned their names into Mushu (like from Mulan) and Bex, which was probably not the best idea, but I enjoy it. I used to be semi-allergic to cats, but thank goodness I'm now over that. Most importantly, our cats finally have fur again after their devastating of the beginning-of-the-summer-crappy-shave-jobs. There's nothing like having a snuggly purry puddy cat to read with, nap with, or even just to speak to in an obnoxious voice like it cares what the heck we're talking about. ("The crazies are going at it again," they must tell each other...)

No comments:

Post a Comment